Pages

Tuesday 9 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey | Week 3

The Post Wars (1951 - 1999)
Day 3 - Groovy Man (The 1970's)

Activity 1 | Ready to Roll

In the 1970s one of the most common television programmes was called ‘Ready to Roll.’ It was broadcast on Saturday afternoons and hosted by a man named Roger Gascoigne. During the show, Roger would introduce music videos and then play them for the TV audience. He also invited famous people to come onto the show and perform songs that were currently popular.  

Watch the following three clips that were shown on the Ready to Roll programme:


When you have finished, rank the clips in order from your most favourite (#1) to your least favourite (#3). Post your rankings on your blog.

| My Rankings |

> #1 Ray Columbus and the Invaders | What I really liked about this band (and song) is the enthusiasm they put while they're singing, I also liked the harmonises they added to their song.

> #2 New Zealand Underdogs | This song was very relaxing and a song you could listen to everyday, I also really loved the guitar playing in the background.

> #3 Golden Harvest | What I didn't really like about this song is how long the intro took, I had to skip a few seconds to hear him sing. What also bothered me was that I couldn't really understand what he was saying.


Activity 2 | Bell Bottom Pants

Fashion in the 1970s was quite unique. Take a look at the pictures of a ‘typical’ 1970s outfit and tell us, on your blog, two things that you like about 1970s fashion and two things that you don’t like about the fashion of the day. I am not a huge fan of the patterned pants. What about you?

My Thoughts | 1970's Fashion

What I liked:

> What I thought was very intriguing was the bright colours the women wore, I think they would of been great for summer.

> I also liked the Button up shirts the men were wearing, I think simple colours suit men very well.

What I didn't like:

> One thing I didn't like about the shirts the men were wearing was how long the collar was, it was very unsatisfying.

> One thing I disliked about the women's fashion was the shirt the lady on the right was wearing, it was very unpleasant to see a shirt with a square front on a woman.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Mei,

    Thanks for another lengthy post! You're on fire :)

    Activity 1: Ready to Roll.
    Thank you for ranking these video clips from the popular 1970s television programme, Ready to Roll. It seems as though Ray Columbus and the Invaders was the most popular pick across the board. I enjoy how you mention their use of harmonies.
    Can you sing? Better yet, can you harmonise?

    Activity 2: Bell Bottom Pants.
    Thanks for a thorough explanation as to what you did and didn't like. I appreciate the way you've structured this; it makes it very clear and easy for your viewers to understand.
    I personally love the pointy collars; I think they're hilarious.

    What sort of clothes do you like to wear? I love shoes!

    Keep up the great mahi!

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete